Eat the Bits Chilli Cheese Loaf
Updated: Nov 9, 2020
Not only is this savoury loaf really easy to make, but it's loaded with flavour – think sundried tomatoes, red onion, Eat the Bits bits and pumpkin seeds mixed with plenty of mature cheddar. Mmmmm...
1 cup self-raising flour
Just under ½ cup olive oil
2 Tbsp Eat the Bits chilli oil (without the bits)
½ cup milk (cow or oat)
1 ½ cups grated mature cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds + extra to top
8 sundried tomatoes, patted dry and chopped
1 small red onion, finely diced
3 Tbsp Eat the Bits bits
1. Grease and line a loaf pan with baking paper and preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Place flour, eggs, oil and milk in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
3. Add pumpkin seeds, sundried tomatoes, red onion and grated cheese. Mix well.
4. Pour mix into loaf tin and spoon over Eat the Bits bits. Swirl through batter using a butter knife.
5. Sprinkle grated cheese over loaf and top with a scattering of pumpkin seeds.
6. Place in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until cheese is golden and a skewer comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire cooling rack. Slice and enjoy warm or cool. We recommend wish lashings of salted butter.